Thursday, December 31, 2009

To catholics some advice please.?

i am a catholic from scotland and have lived beside bigots all my life and even been one and thats what i thought being a catholic was ,hating protestants and loyalists.





now i want to rediscover my religion and become a practicing catholic how do i go about this?





iam thinking about joining the knights of st columba would any one recommend this ?





many thanks guys and please no horrible comments .To catholics some advice please.?
If we truly want to fulfill our deepest human aspirations, we have to know and love Jesus Christ.





If we don鈥檛 go through the gate, we are vulnerable. Those who are not fully committed may find the offers of strangers quite enticing. But Christ鈥檚 sheep reject those voices out of fidelity to their Shepherd. Perseverance in our Catholic faith and our Catholic lifestyle requires a constant effort to refocus on the Lord. Even if we are besieged by a cacophony of competing voices, the voice of the Lord will always rise above that din. We must be faithful. Our prayer life is the privileged place to screen out the noise and truly hear ChristTo catholics some advice please.?
Step one would be for you to make an appointment with a parish priest (should be near where you live) and ask for his guidance. And ask him about which particular Catechism to buy and about classes for returning Catholics. They can be quite helpful.





Then, I think, I would buy a Catholic Bible (try the Revised Standard Version - CE, not the second edition though) and start reading the Bible...start with the Gospel of St. Mark (the shortest) and then go on to St. Matthew, St. John, and St. Luke. Then you could move on to say The Acts of the Apostles, and then Psalms and Proverbs (Old Testament).





And of course, start praying for heavenly guidance. Do you know how to pray the Rosary? I found it most helpful when I returned to the Church last year.





Now as for the Knights of St. Columba (Columbus?), you aren't quite ready yet. First, you need to know more about your faith and begin to practice it. When it is time to join that organization, your priest will let you know.





May God bless you in your endeavors.





Pax Christi!
Brian, the worst thing you can do is cut yourself off in your profile.


Catholicism does not fear persecutors because it has Truth.


Traditionalmass.org


or


contact me.


Have been waiting to meet a Scot.
No that is an organization. Make an appointment with your Parish priest to talk to him. This is not confession, but a sorting out of feeling, it may lead to that but not until what sins you have committed


are sorted out. Go to church and feel the love of Christ as He washes over you. You will begin to feel peace.
Seek God first above all things. Jesus gave us two commandments, the first one is to ';love God with all your heart, mind and soul'; the second was to love your neighbor as yourself. In order to love your neighbor you must first love God. We are incapable of loving our neighbor on our own.





So, begin with prayer, meditation and frequent reception of the sacraments. The sacraments impart sanctifying grace to us, this grace gives us strength and protection against sin. It is like taking vitamins, you can't always see or feel how they are protecting you but over time you will realize you are healthier. The sacraments make our soul healthy.





Learn your faith, and what the Church really teaches, no what you've been told by others. You are responsible to know your faith. The Church has never taught anyone to be a bigot or hate others. This is human nature using certain Church positions to support sin, that cannot be. Any Catholic who knows their faith, knows Christ and follows him, will not hate or give in to bigotry.





Here are some sites that might help you rediscover your faith:





http://www.staycatholic.com/


http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2009/06/c鈥?/a>


http://www.olrl.org/apologetics/


http://www.newadvent.org/


http://www.jimmyakin.org/


http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/index2鈥?/a>


http://www.scripturecatholic.com/


http://www.catholicscomehome.org/
You should help the poor, the needy and the unfortunate people and you will enter heaven....





Matthew 25:31-46 (Contemporary English Version) - Bibleagateway.com





The Final Judgment





31When the Son of Man comes in his glory with all of his angels, he will sit on his royal throne. 32The people of all nations will be brought before him, and he will separate them, as shepherds separate their sheep from their goats.





33He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34Then the king will say to those on his right, ';My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created. 35When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, 36and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me.';





37Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, ';When did we give you something to eat or drink? 38When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear 39or visit you while you were sick or in jail?';





40The king will answer, ';Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me.';





41Then the king will say to those on his left, ';Get away from me! You are under God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels! 42I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink. 43I was a stranger, but you did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me.';





44Then the people will ask, ';Lord, when did we fail to help you when you were hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in jail?';





45The king will say to them, ';Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me.';





46Then Jesus said, ';Those people will be punished forever. But the ones who pleased God will have eternal life.';
hating out groups is a lot of what religion is about, you got that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment