Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm a single Catholic, but physically can't have children; Dating advice?

I'm in a some what difficult situation.. I'm a BBW single Catholic living in the North West US. Oregon is the most nonreligious state in the US, Practicing Catholics here in there 20s and 30s are very rare. Also young men here in there 20s and 30a prefer thin girls, more so than many states... So, I have a lot on my plate there.


Currently I discovered I probably have Endometriosis.. I don't know how bad it is at the moment. However, I'm in a lot of pain, and i will probably have a hysterectomy... I can't take it any more, treatments aren't working...


At any rate.... I know I won't have children..... That is pretty clear at this point... To be honest... I've never wanted children. I grew up in a big family and I feel burnt out... The energy gives me high anxiety; I want to be able to sit in the front room and know some one isn't going to come running in screaming...


I've been looking at the personals... All the Catholic men I see want children....


I was wondering... how do I tell the men I date? When do I tell them? When do I tell them? I fear this will strongly affect my love life..I'm a single Catholic, but physically can't have children; Dating advice?
Hi -- I understand how awful endometriosis is. My younger sister had a hysterectomy at age 27, and my best friend had one at 45. It really can be a horrible amount of pain, uncontrollable.





Now then, regarding your situation in terms of dating. As long as you do not want to be a parent -- you don't want to adopt, you don't want to mother step-children -- you are not entitled to matrimony according to the Catholic Church.





For Catholics, as you know, marriage is a Sacrament, and that Sacrament includes being open to life. In your case, conceiving a child isn't possible because of your medical condition, so you would be one who would adopt kids or foster kids.





However, you refuse to do that. You say you have no desire to parent in any way, and that means you cannot have a valid marriage.





So, you must look for other forms of companionship. You can certainly date Catholic men who also have no desire to have children, with the understanding that you cannot marry unless both of you have a change of heart about the importance of being open to life and being willing to parent (even if you can't personally procreate).I'm a single Catholic, but physically can't have children; Dating advice?
i think during your first dates you need to find a way to bring up the issue of adoption nd see how they react to it....then bring up the issue of childlessness leading to adoption and gain watch for their reactions...then you can know which guys would stand by you if you say you cant have kids and want to adopt...ok?


good luck :)
date men who dont want children then.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA





damn i am mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment