Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm starting at an all-girls catholic high school next week and I guess I could use some advice...?

It wasn't exactly my choice to go there in the first place (my parents pressured me into it because it was my best choice, academically) and I don't really know what to expect. I'm worried... it's supposed to be a really good school, but I've heard that girls there can be really catty. And there's the whole no boys thing, too! I know we have a brother school, but it's going to be so weird.





If you went to an all-girls school and could tell me about your experience there or just think you could give me a heads-up of what to expect... please consider helping me out. Thanks. :]I'm starting at an all-girls catholic high school next week and I guess I could use some advice...?
I just graduated from an high all-girls catholic school so I can relate. Simlar to you, I did not want to go and I threw the biggest fit a the week before freshmen year.





However, it was fantastic, and I'm not just saying that. I did not experience catty people. Everyone in the school is friends there is a really big sense of community. People got along and there was barely any fighting because there weren't any boys that kind of drama. People are more themselves because they are not worried about impressing anyone. It was nice to show up in sweatpants and barely any makeup too. A word of advice, everyone gained the freshmen 5 maybe 10 pounds because there aren't any boys so you everyone eats more. So try to watch out for that!





We didn't have a brother school. But I still went to prom and saw guys outside of school. Everyday, after school there was always a few boyfriends waiting outside for thier girlfriends. Most people dated. Keep your guy friends from middle school, it helps you make connections! A senior told me this my freshmen year: You'll get werid comments about it, mostly people saying ';Oh my gosh isn't hard to find a boyfriend?'; just reply saying ';Well do you have a boyfriend?'; and 90% of the time they don't. So honestly it doesn't matter.





I gained a lot more confidence in myself from this school. You know honestly if you told me four years ago I'd writing this, I wouldn't have believed you. But I got an excellent education and it was so much fun, like a party everyday. :)


Good Luck if you have any questions just ask!I'm starting at an all-girls catholic high school next week and I guess I could use some advice...?
I feel really bad for you :(





But chances are you aren't the only one who was forced into it. There are probably more girls there looking for friends that they can relate to :]

No comments:

Post a Comment