Thursday, December 31, 2009

Catholics/ Christians , advice please!?

I grew up Catholic and then switched to non-denominational because of my step-dad. I even went to a Catholic church.





We switched because my mom got re-married, and we adatped to his life, since we came to America.





My grandma died Catholic. She was a very devoted woman to her faith.





I do enjoy the church I go to know.





The guy that I was seen, he is Catholic and he took me to his church. It's been forever since I've actually been inside one, last time was when I was six years old. He showed me around and the beauty of how they follow a regimen and the structure and everything is somethign admirable.





Sometimes I think meeting him was a sign that I should go back.





I don't know though.





I enjoy the church I go to because it offers great sermones, does not last too long, and we don't have to dress up.





Any advice?...





Thanks!





If I got married, then my denomination would change to Catholic, if the guy was Catholic. I don't have a problem with it.








Anything wrong with me pondering on whether I should go back or not?.Catholics/ Christians , advice please!?
The quality of the sermons (usually nothing special), the length of the services, and the dress code are not good reasons to return to the Catholic church and go to Mass. Here are some good reasons:





1. Jesus started the Catholic church (see Matt 16:18). The Protestant churches are splinter groups organized 1500 years after the fact, and they misread the Catholic texts to imagine a religion of faith alone and scripture alone.





2. Because of the antiquity of the Catholic church and its continuity with Jesus' disciples, the Catholic church best maintains the original teachings of Jesus.





3. The Catholic church administers all seven sacraments instituted by Jesus. In particular, it is only at a Catholic or Orthodox church that the priest is authorized to call upon Christ to change bread and wine into his body and blood.





As Jesus taught in John 6:53-54, ';';I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.';





Cheers,


BruceCatholics/ Christians , advice please!?
There is nothing wrong with that. If you are strong in your faith and you trust what your spirit is telling you, and if it's telling you to go back to the catholic church, then go back.





Don't stick with the church you're at because it's convenient. Ask yourself honestly if your spirit is being fed. If the answer is no, the perhaps the catholic faith is for you.
i do believe this guy was a sign and i do think u should switch back. longer masses give you more time to think and to be in gods presence. sum times long masses r boring, but if u really pay attencion, ull truely appreciate it more. and also the sermons r great even if they repeat themselves, but thats only so every one there can understand what they r preaching and also, dressing up shows that you respect god and your time with him...
There is nothing wrong with pondering where God might want you to be.





If you are interested in joining or just learning more about the Catholic Church, contact your local parish and ask for information about their RCIA Inquiry group.





You can go and ask any questions you want.





This is the first step in RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) but you can stop at any time.





There is no obligation to become a Catholic.





Some resources: http://www.archdiocese.la/evangelization鈥?/a>





With love and prayers in Christ.
Definitely rejoin if its what you want.








(But a little advice: Dont mention your a Catholic on this site if you do convert lest you be cursed and called an evil cult the rest of your web surfing days! Be warned!)





But, besides that sure rejoin the catholic church if you feel comfortable.





EDIT: My proof is the post above ^^ Lol
I would say that may be a sign of God telling you to come back to Him. But going to church isn't about having fun, really. I mean, it's cool if your church is fun, but it is mostly worshiping the Lord and studying His word.


It is really up to you. But also remember something: where do you want to spend the rest of eternity in?
Whatever gets you closer to God.





If marrying this guy and converting gets you closer to God, go for it. If staying in your Church gets you closer, stay.
Catholics were the first Christians. Dont listen to that CJ, he is a Catholic basher. Iam a convert to the Catholic Church. I love that Jesus established only one church and that He led me to His church. Go back .
I have a dear friend who is catholic we both believe and love Jesus


I don't see anything wrong with it... But if you are worried take it to the Lord and ask Him to help you decide...May God Bless you love Jan
you don't belong to any of these ';church';.. you belong to Christ..





Don't wear the term'; Catholic'; ... around.. as if Jesus Christ only died for Catholics..





He died for all who believe into Him.
If going to church makes you feel good, then go. I'm Catholic and don't go every Sunday. They will always welcome you back.
Go inside your shell and take a deep breath... keep silent then decide!
be like your grandma...
Catholics are not Christians. Here's why:





Catholicism teaches a false gospel of works (';sacraments';) that leads to eternal hell (Galatians 1:6-9). CATHOLICISM IS NOT CHRISTIAN.





Jesus wants to have a personal relationship with you. Catholicism cannot give you this.





Catholicism = faith + works = no salvation and eternal torment in hell





Christian = faith alone in Jesus for salvation, without our own works added = salvation and eternity in heaven with Jesus! :)





Only faith alone in Jesus saves! Salvation is a FREE GIFT that happens in a split second when you believe in Jesus! It is impossible to lose or ';leave'; salvation.





The truth about Jesus is that the only way to be saved and to get into heaven and avoid being sent to eternal hell, is by believing in faith alone that Jesus, who is God, died for our sins on the cross and rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). Believe this and you will be in heaven, no matter what!





Please pray now: ';Jesus, please forgive me of my sins. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and You rose from the dead. Thank You for eternal life!'; You will be in heaven with Him forever when you die. :)
Obviously, no one here can tell you what you should do. Only your conscience can do that. But we will try to help if we can! : P





There is something wonderful in the zeal seen in so many Protestant and nondenominational communities. The latter act as autonomous entities many times, and there is something to be said about a group of people who feel so strongly about their identities being wrapped up in Christ and not in any particular organization, though of course they are fond of their own (and rightly so). That passion is most admirable, and is something to consider in itself.





But as your grandmother no doubt proved, likewise the devotion of many Catholics is something no less moving. And this is a devotion not merely their own--but something stemming from a legacy of saints and martyrs gone long before them, who act as inspirations and guides. To think of how many Catholics passed into eternity with rosaries in between their fingers, seeing before them the loving smile of Mary... Something else to contemplate.





So there is passion and devotion, the freedom of autonomy and the security of being a child of Holy Mother Church.





I confess that my own draw to the Catholic Church involved very much the beauty and the richness of its liturgy and sacraments, as well as these other facts. There was something about the idea of a God who comes to meet his children in the sacraments, in such humble forms, which stirred me and moved me. And I will promt you to consider these things as well.





Prayer, I think, is needed. Pray as you do now, and perhaps pick up a rosary to see what resonates as well.





And may I humbly suggest that perhaps you do not need to choose one over the other: In your current setting, you can continue to hold dear those beautiful aspects of the faith with which you were raised; and remember, ';catholic'; means universal. If you did return, there is nothing preventing you from doing as that name suggests, and as Vatican II advised, and holding those beliefs which are noble and true, regardless of their derivation.





Ultimately, you should do what you feel is right. I hope I've helped in some way, though.





Peace, and good luck!
I was wondering when he took you to his church was it a Tridentine Church?





You should convert back to the Catholicism, Catholic is the title of Christianity (they are one and the same), it is a Greek adjective originally meaning ';universal'; then came to having more meaning ';one and Only.'; I recommend you go back to a Tridentine Mass, though be careful that they are not Sedevacntists.





Take Care and God Bless





PS take a look through this site: http://olrl.org/ if you have any questions about the Catholic Faith you will find the Answers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment