Monday, December 28, 2009

I am a catholic that has not practiced for awhile and I need advice ...?

I have not been to church in quite some time and I have not been to confession ... I want to go to church for Easter with my Lutheran boyfriend ad I do not know the procedures for taking the Eucharist for both me and my boyfriend. Please advise - thanks muh and happy Easter!I am a catholic that has not practiced for awhile and I need advice ...?
For starters, start attending mass weekly. Easter Sunday is not a bad day to start, not bad at all.





If you have not been to confession for a long time, and you have reason to believe you carry mortal sin(s) on your soul, it would be better if you did not receive holy Communion Holy Communion at mass.





Today, Saturday, between 2-4PM is the last time you can receive Confession before the Easter Masses. If you miss these, you can still attend mass, you just can't receive Communion at mass.





If you make it - Great! Holy Communion is offered towards the end of the celebration. Parishioners line up and go to the front of the Church where the priest(s), and Extra Ordinary Ministers will be administering Communion. Approach and cup your hands with the right hand underneath the left. The priest/minister will hold up the host and say, ';The Body of Christ.';, to which you really, ';Amen.'; They put the host in your left hand. You pick it up with your right and put it in your mouth.





Depending on how your parish does Communion, they may also offer wine as well. After receiving the host, you can either go back to your seat to kneel in prayer, or you can go to the priest/minister with the wine. They will hold up the chalice saying, ';The Blood of Christ.';, to which you reply, ';Amen. You take the cup with both hands, and sip a little bit.





unfortunately for your friend, being a Lutheran, cannot receive Communion in a Catholic Church. He will simply have to remain in the pews while you go for Communion.I am a catholic that has not practiced for awhile and I need advice ...?
Your boyfriend cannot take Communion in a Catholic Church unless he converts to Catholicism.
Here is one procedure: Go see a Psychiatrist, with your boyfriend. Explain your delusional mental disorders. Get a prescription for zyprexa (probably), and forget about the god delusion once and for all.





Enjoy !
haven't been to church for some time? Ah, Catholic, that explains it. Have you thought about looking at some of the other churches in your area? God is doing some amazing stuff these days! You just have to find the right church for you.


I'm not criticizing you for being catholic, I'm just saying that I know many people who are catholic and they don't go to church because they don't relate to it. There is no telling which religion or denomination is right, it's up to the individual. But I am an evangelical charismatic Christian- I believe in baptism, the Holy Spirit, and things like that. I believe in the Bible. I believe in Jesus. In my Church miracles are happening, people are being healed left right and centre. A revival is coming- do you want to be part of that?
don't drink from the same cup. that's disgusting. should be


illeagle.
Ask mother mary to pray for you or seek deliverance from a spirit-filled pentecostal church.
It's a little late... sorry. I'm not sure if you are asking about taking communion at a Catholic or Lutheran church.


If Catholic, you may only partake of Communion if you are in a state of grace (not in a state of mortal sin; only you can answer that). Because your boyfriend is Lutheran and has not received sacraments in the Catholic church, he may not.





';Another reason that many non-Catholics may not ordinarily receive Communion is for their own protection, since many reject the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Scripture warns that it is very dangerous for one not believing in the Real Presence to receive Communion: 'For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died' (1 Cor. 11:29鈥?0).';





Hope this answers your question...


Happy Easter! Alleluia, Alleluia!





Edit: I'm happy to hear that you are attempting to return to your faith and that your boyfriend is interested as well. I will keep you both in my prayers. Ignore those who criticize you for being Catholic.


';Blessed are you when they insult you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is great in heaven....';
I think the Eucharist is the same in the sense of having the same meaning - the body and blood of Jesus. Try praying and reading a chapter of the Bible before you go. You can't expect a church to teach you what you need necessarily. It's human beings. Better to bring some ideas with you.





If you take 1 Corinthians 11 seriously, you will wear a head covering and keep silent during the service as a woman. Let the men talk. It stops them from gay gazing as much.
He cannot receive communion because he is not Catholic.


You should not receive communion until you go to confession.





%26gt;%26gt;I need to know the procedures for those that have not confessed and those that are Lutheran - there is a rite - I just cannot remember.%26lt;%26lt;





Are you asking about going up for a blessing? Cross your arms over your chest. This is generally recognized as the sign for ';no communion, please; just a blessing'; among Latin rite Catholics, at least in the United States (where I am).
I think you should breakup with your boyfriend because he is not a Catholic. You should preserve the faith of our fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment