Monday, December 21, 2009

Hi, Just afta some advice my fiance is catholic and i'm not. Need info on marrying in a catholic church please

There are a lot of incorrect answers on this site. I am a practicing Catholic marrying an unbaptized atheist. He does not need to convert or be baptised. Neither do you. You will need to sign a form which says that neither of you has been divorced, you are willing to have kids and are willing to raise them Catholic. Then you will take pre-martial classes with other people, most of whom will likely be Catholic. Then you are set to marry. They will encourage you to consider believing in God and praying with your partner. They will never refuse to marry you two because of your faith. Some people are confused on this issue.Hi, Just afta some advice my fiance is catholic and i'm not. Need info on marrying in a catholic church please
As mentioned above, it would be best to talk to a priest, as he will be able to address specific questions or give you general info. You do not need to convert to Catholicism in order to get married in a Catholic church. However, there if your fiance wants your marriage to be recognized by the Catholic church, then I believe you need to be married in a Catholic church my a Catholic priest. Also, you will need to do some marriage classes with the presiding priest. This isn't anything to do with conversion, it's basically just preparing you for marriage.





For me, the issue will be communion, as I am Lutheran and Catholics only give communion to other Catholics. If it is okay with both of you, you can do a shorter mass during your ceremony and not have communion at all. If you decide to have it, you'll need to talk to the priest about that.Hi, Just afta some advice my fiance is catholic and i'm not. Need info on marrying in a catholic church please
Technically if you have NO religion, and no family heritage of religion then you can marry in a Church of England parish, (if you are English of course) but otherwise you will have to be baptized.





I am agnostic and my boyfriend is catholic too. So I may be in the same situation one day, I have attended church a few times with him but nothing much.





If you do not want to convert, why don't you suggest getting married outside in a garden or something?
Oh, I'm so glad he/she's Catholic, and I'm so happy for you! I'll be praying for you-I hope your spouse-to-be- converts you soon. Anyway the priest explains everything to you and there's always a rehearsal, so you should be fine fine. But the bottom line is it's the most beautiful wedding celebration there is. Good luck, and congratulations!
well you can get married in a catholic church as long as one is catholic . you still do need to take the classes the 6 months in advance or so but it will not be a religious bound if it makes sense to you . and you will not be bale to get Communion during the mass. it will just be a religious blessings vs a religious bond no one will really know that attend
to be married in a catholic church, both bride and groom have to be catholic. so you will need to convert to catholic. you have to go to the church and talk to the priest and he will sign you up for classes to make your first communion and your confirmation, etc, and then you will be catholic and can marry in the catholic church.


anyone who says you don't need to be catholic to marry in catholic church is wrong! i am catholic, went to catholic school, and just recently got married in a catholic church, so i know i am right!
When I married my husband, who was Catholic, we checked out getting married in his church. I was told I would have to take classes and convert. I was not willing to do this so we married in my Episcopal church which did not require my husband to convert. Maybe the rules have changed, check with his priest.
What sort of info are you needing? Be more specific. You really need to contact the church you're planning on getting married in.





Also, you don't have to convert or be catholic to marry one in their church. I am Catholic and am marrying a Baptist in my church. He is not being asked to convert as it is HIS choice. It might be different from diocese to diocese and priest to priest.. but this is OUR case and it isn't everyone else's. Good luck!
You will have to covert to Catholisism if you want to marry in the Catholic Church. This will require study, baptism, confirmation and approval from the bishop. You should discuss with your fiance's parish priest and ask what to do.
Have your fiance call his local parish priest. Set up a time for the two of you to go talk with the priest. I am sure you will find his priest very welcoming and glad to answer all your questions. Good luck.
The Priest at your fiance's church should have a series of classes, lessons, or at least a meeting with you both. He will explain most of it---that's his job.
Talk to the priest at the church. You'll have to take lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment