Monday, December 28, 2009

Can someone give advice on how to be a sexually pure Catholic?

Hi, I'm a Native Mexican Indian Catholic and I'm a Junior in college. I was born and raised Catholic and thankfully I'm still a virgin due to my dad's teachings. About 2 months ago I gave up masturbation and it's been pretty difficult. I find it hard to not think sexual thoughts and to be in classrooms with girls with barely any clothes on. It also doesn't help that most of my classes have 95% girls in them since I'm in Education. Every since I moved to Arizona from South Texas it's become real hard at the church. The Catholic church I go to is mostly white and for some reason I have received racial prejudice there. A couple of white ladies have refused to hold my hand during the ';our father'; prayer. One girl I was talking to said her mother didn't want me to date her because she didn't want her daughter to have ';**** babies';. I'm not sure what this word means, but I assume it's not nice because of her tone. Anyways how do I stay pure with all these temptations?


ThanksCan someone give advice on how to be a sexually pure Catholic?
If you don't already pray the Rosary regularly, I would highly encourage you to do so.





It really does help us with so many of our difficulties and struggles. Put it in Mary's hands and ask her to pray for you.





She's never let me down. Not once.





I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing the kind of prejudice you describe. Hopefully it's just a few people at the parish doing this, and not most of them. I can only imagine that it's borne of a frustration felt by people in Arizona regarding the illegal-immigration issue. That doesn't justify their attitude, of course.





Include them in your prayers too. They are weak people too, just as we all are, and they need it. Just as we all do.





It's totally normal to feel attracted to women the way you do. What matters is what you do with these feelings. So far, it seems you are doing okay. Add the Rosary to your ';spiritual arsenal'; and you will do even better.





Feel free to email me (go to my profile here) if you like.





God bless and hang in there ...





.Can someone give advice on how to be a sexually pure Catholic?
Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.








Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Enjoy your college years and enjoy and sex life while your able to. Don't let the church dictate what you do with your sex life. You need to live life, if you wait til marriage what if she is an awful lay? Then your stuck in a marriage with an awful sex life but hey as long as the church is happy you don't have to be.
Buddy...a Catholic says an impure thought is already a sin...don't know that I agree, but...and the Bible says...a sin's a sin...so you're already walkin' down that road...might as well not travel with a loaded gun...whack it, and get those chicks off your mind.





Oh, and that Christian lady who says she won't have **** babies...you tell her I said she's not a Christian or a lady.
You're not going to sin by thinking girls are hott, okay?





All you need to do is live a fun life, be a good person. You can date, just don't get too physical. Pray to God every night, and ask him for help with your temptations. Cherish your virginity.


Don't think that you are a bad person becuase you are attracted to the sex that you are supposed to be attracted to.








please answer mine


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…
Just don't have sex. But honestly, there is a lot of racism around and church people are the worst for being nasty to other people. I presume your god is helping you? Though if he ever actually answers a prayer, that'll be a first.
dude were all human


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQEWa0ng…
Uh, mister ';Jesus death to america'; is a bastard and you need to get struck by lightning because your not worth the bullet.
chastity belt... or chop it off...





purity rings are useless... they're only good for handjobs
Purity Ring FTW!!!
Loser
Blah blah blah..


who cares about religion heck with it.


be crazy do what you want!


go rob a store for all i care!


just don't drink too much[:





tell me how it goes!
Be as pure as you want but being in a pagan church makes it pointless.
eww why
I would suggest moving to Amish country.
Just do what Michael Jackson did.
I feel sorry for your prostate gland.
i dunno





you can always give up the beliefs you hold with no good reason to think theyre true instead
That's not a Christ like attitude you are recieving from these people. Move out!
Cut your dick off
what hypocrites at your church, that is if your story is true.





I find it very sad how indigenous people are treated, especially in Mexico. I have great respect for them (Native Mexican/Northern American peoples) and am ashamed at how the home countries have treated them.





Know that you have my support :)





Change the church that you are going to.





As for being sexually pure...have you looked into the St. Joseph's sincture? It sounds like such an anachronism, but I think it might be what you are looking for:


http://www.fisheaters.com/stjosephcords.…





Or yo ucan be a consecrated virgin:


http://www.consecratedvirgins.org/





But I can't help but think that you aren't being serious or something on the purity issue. No offense. Besides, we are all humans.
Some of the answers before mine appall me.





Anyway, here's a real answer from a fellow Catholic: nobody said it was easy. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Thoughts follow actions, so eventually, the chastity of your body will inspire the chastity of your mind (though never completely, it will be easier). I recommend picking up a book on the subject, called ';Every Young Man's Battle';, by Stephen Arterburn and Fred Stoeker. It's basically a young Christian male's guide to being Christian in today's sexified world. It's a short read, and it's very helpful.





Good luck, and God bless!
Religion isn't everything, and a good Catholic wouldn't even post these feelings on the internet, so maybe one day you'll turn away from the church and be able to find security in yourself. You shouldn't fight what comes naturally, and if you're not happy in that church, you shouldn't keep going, especially if you're not being treated justly. If you're in love and ready for it, you should pursue that relationship and stop worrying so much about your prude church's acceptance. If there even is a God, he probably would want you to find love and doesn't appreciate being worshipped so religiously. He would also probably make the world a little more equal , but that's an entirely different debate.
Wow, I really admire your faith despite the poor treatment you are receiving from other so-called Catholics. I don't think that masturbation is wrong, is it? Just don't covet while you do it. We have needs; God made us that way. While we must be more than animals giving into our base desires, surely we can do what we need to by ourselves in order to overcome impure desires. I think you need to speak to a priest (preferrably a young one who will be more frank with you) to find out if masturbation is considered sinful.
Gilbert,


Listen I can relate to you a bit (Mexican American, Texas, and was education major too, catholic). First, I went through many episodes of racial prejudice early in childhood, thru college, and even now sometimes. Even though you have these experiences, they make you appreciate the open mind you have about others, and know that not everyone feels this way about you. I went to a women's university and majored in education, and I was usually the only male in small and large classes. These thoughts are natural, and can you imagine what some of these girls are thinking about you? :) Try to find some hobby groups you have interests in college or your church, and i would recommend more rigorous activities like biking, hiking, cardio to get you focused on other things in your life. Do you feel comfortable talking with your father, or a priest or member of the church for advice? This will also be a help to you. Remember, you're a young adult transitioning to early adulthood, and you'll figure out ways that work for you in terms of balancing school, church, and your personal life by trying different things. In your classes, you may meet a girl who shares the same ideas and beliefs that you have, so stay open to this too.Remember, girls may seek you out for advice, and having them as your friends gives you a perspective on things many men don't experience, which in turn will help you in relationships now, and in the future. I had a great experience which you are going through now, and I'm sure you will make a fine educator some day...good luck bro....
First I must commend you for keeping your cool. Had it been me being told that one is only protecting her daughter from ';having spik babies'; I would have lost my cool. I understand how racism against Latinos is rather prevalent in the southwest. I stayed a few months in Arizona. I'm rather light skinned and am even half Irish so I was treated well.... until I would speak Spanish.








In any case I digress. If you want to work on chastity the best bet is to preoccupy yourself with other things. You get that urge? Pull out a pad of paper and write, or a book to read, walk your dog. Maybe supplement it with religious things? Pray a novena, pray the rosary, the chaplet of divine mercy, etc. What worked best for me was exercise. After a while, the thoughts even begin to diminish themselves.





I'm assuming you're a teenager and you're going through some rather wacky physiological changes. It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do, and trust me your libido will become a little more fine tuned as you age.





Good luck kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment