Monday, December 21, 2009

Any advice to tell a Catholic and several Baptists that I am happy being Mormon?

Accept the opportunity to share a discussion about faith. If you have a testimony, it will brighten your continence. They will know you are happy and also that you may end up being the most dependable friend that they have.Any advice to tell a Catholic and several Baptists that I am happy being Mormon?
Sure, ask them to join you at church so they can see what you believe. If they aren't interested, then just be honest with them that you are happy with your faith and tell them why you believe the things you do.Any advice to tell a Catholic and several Baptists that I am happy being Mormon?
as a Catholic, I don't even know why I should care if you're happy being mormon.





anyway, why don't you just say the same thing you said in your post, ';that you're happy being mormon';?
Are they trying to convert you? Just tell them if they want to have an open religious discussion you'd like to invite the missionaries along. That should do it.
Just tell them exactly that, you're happy being a Mormon. If your acquaintances can't manage this with any semblance of dignity, that's their problem.
Best thing you can do is look them in the eye, if you are face to face, and tell them plainly: ';I am very happy with my religion'; and/or you could add something tactful, peaceful and friendly if you want, like: ';I have respect that you have your beliefs, and hope you will respect me for having mine even if our religions are different from each other.'; Another back-pocket saying is ';Perhaps we can agree to disagree';.
tell them your happy
';I'll sick the missionaries on you if you don't leave me be';





No, really though just keep your cool and stay adimant in your belief and eventually they will come to realize they can't change your mind.





If they aren't being rude however I don't see the harm in a little concern and theological discussion.
Just tell them it's okay and that God still loves them too.





Actually ask them if they are willing to accept that you are happy and to stop being co-dependent and trying to control how you feel.
If these people are concerned about you being Mormon, it has nothing to do with your being happy or not. When Mormon missionaries knock on my door, and I say, ';I'm happy being Catholic,'; is that going to make them drop the subject? No, they'll say, ';it's great that you're happy, but we think we have something valuable to share with you,'; or something like that. I'm not saying the missionaries are pushy, but they don't just give up after one sentence, unless you slam the door in their faces. They keep trying as long as you keep the door open and don't get rude or violent.





Why should you expect Baptists and Catholics to be different? Like the missionaries, they are more concerned with truth than happiness. There is the corollary, of course, that the truth will make you happier than falsehood, but truth itself is the main concern.





If Catholics and Baptists are concerned for you to know the truth, that's a sign that they care about your eternal welfare, just as, presumably, the missionaries care. You should be grateful. If you don't want to discuss it, of course, just say so. But telling them you're happy is kind of irrelevant because to them, it's about truth, not happiness.
How about........';I am very happy with my religion. I would be happy to discuss my beliefs with you but you are not going ot change what I believe.';
Say something like, ';Hey! How's it goin? I'm Mormon and I like it! Isn't that nuts!?';





Better yet, just show them that you're happy. Shouldn't it be evident in the first place?
They dont care if you are happy being a mormon. There are people that are happy being murderers. The truth is that your doctrine is wrong, that is why they keep talking to you about God. You need to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior to go to Heaven.
  • natural beauty
  • eyeshadow brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment