Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fellow Catholics, any words of advice for me? :D?

i will be having my retreat for 3 days and i would have my confession and im pretty much feeling nervous about this so i need some moral support. ;)





any words of advice?





God bless! xxFellow Catholics, any words of advice for me? :D?
Do not fear Confession, just be honest with yourself and the priest and listen to the advice the priest gives you.





It took me almost 6 months to get up the courage to go to Confession, but when I was finally in the confessional and I confessed aloud my sins, the priest was so understanding and gave me such great advice that I'm so happy I went.





To be able to go and receive Christ in the Eucharist in a complete state of grace is so wonderful that you won't regret it at all. Not a single bit.





And do not worry that the priest will remember. I've heard from a couple priests that God graces them with a forgetful memory during Confessions. They may remember *you*, but they will not remember anything specific that you confessed. They are but a bridge for God's forgiveness.





Just be sure to do an Examination of Conscience before hand.





This is one of my favorite ones:





http://www.theworkofgod.org/library/exam鈥?/a>Fellow Catholics, any words of advice for me? :D?
You are probably feeling nervous because you think that you will be embarrassed to tell the priest what your sins are. You may worry that the priest will think you are a bad person or will think less of you because of the wrong things you have done.





Nothing could be further from teh truth. A priest understands how hard it can be to admit that you are wrong. A priest once told me that he admires people who come to confession. He recognizes that it takes real courage to admit that you have done wrong and try to turn your life around.





Instead of having a lower opinion of a person after confession, the priest has a greater admiration for the person after confession. He admires the other person for having the courage to confess and he admires the other person for wanting to start life anew.
I鈥檓 an atheist, ex-Catholic.


Confession, for a believer, is actually a pretty cool experience. You feel like you get a lot off your chest that was bothering you, and you actually want to fix these issues in your life.


While I鈥檓 not a huge fan of the idea that you can just pray to a deity (or talk to a priest) and get confession (free of your past wrongs), the idea that someone confesses something they want to change is generally a positive experience for that person.


Being nervous is normal. You鈥檒l probably feel really good afterwards.
Ask the Holy Spirit for help. What I did was I requested to see these things through His Eyes. I tell you, you will want to get rid of them with all the ruthlessness of pulling a weed in the garden.





Oh, Heavenly King, comforter, spirit of truth.


Who is present everywhere and fill all things.


Treasury of Good and Giver of Life.


Come, dwell in us, cleanse is of every stain.


Save Oh Good One, our souls.
Don't be afraid of confession. The priest has heard it all before. Just be as honest as you can about stuff that you really are sorry for. It's actually a very cathartic (cleansing) experience. You are not going to get yelled at or lectured to. Don't be nervous.
Try this. When you are already before a priest in the confessional, close your eyes and imagine that you are talking to Jesus. Then be natural, sincere and honest in your conversation.
My priest told me once that a priest will try to forget what you have said after the confession since God has forgiven here and He will not bear grudges. Best of luck! ^_^
From an ex-Catholic to a current one, I suggest you think of the pastor as a sort of psychiatrist. Just dump your guilt on him.
  • new eyeshadow
  • make up lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment