Monday, December 28, 2009

Advice about attending a Catholic school...?

I'm 17 and in my final year of school. Only 5 weeks left! :) I attend a Catholic high school and have been atheist since about 3 years ago long after I enrolled. I'm having difficulties with religion classes and the such because they make us say the daily prayer out loud in turns. Today I told the teacher I didn't want to. He asked why and I said I wasn't Catholic. Next thing I know I'm talking to the principal. My teacher is now always singling me out in class. I know I go to a Catholic school but what do I do? He'll blame me for talking in class when it's actually somebody else. He never had a problem with me before I told him about not being Catholic. What do I do?





*Sorry this is so long*Advice about attending a Catholic school...?
your story sounds horribly familiar , no doubt you get the You've lost your faith speech, a lapsed catholic bothers them because they see it as their own failure rather than you breaking the brainwashing and the pressure, the religion classes are the worst because there is hardly a grain of truth in them and its all you can do to stop shouting '; prove it prove it'; or '; that makes no sense';, just ask questions like Who were matthew, mark, luke and john? if only christ and the devil were present during the temptation in the desert how did the story get told? If Nazareth was founded in 87AD how could jesus have been born there? etc etcAdvice about attending a Catholic school...?
I have a few questions for you.





What denomination were you before you lost your faith?


Did you not know that the school you are attending is Catholic?


Did you no think of the consequences before losing your faith?


Every Catholic School has a Spiritual Advisor. Why don't you see him.


It's not the teacher's fault here. Is it?


Are you sure this loss is permanent?





To answer your question you must do three things.





1. Speak to your teacher.


2. Speak to a priest.


3. Pray on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment