Monday, December 28, 2009

Lied about being Catholic. I feel badly and need advice.?

It's the weirdest thing, I've been Catholic for 10 years, yes practicing but since moving to a new area I don't have the same foundation as I did in my old neighborhood and no Catholic friends. With the priest scandals and general anti-Catholic sentiment it has been difficult. Top that off with evangelicals criticizing the church. I have visited a Four Square church in the area but returned to mass in my area but am too new to know anyone. A lady asked me which church I belonged to after I'd exclaimed ';Praise the Lord'; for some good news and right there on the spot I automatically lied and said ';Church on the Way'; and she got all excited and said that she belongs to that church. I feel ashamed and confused. I haven't lied like this before and it happened so quickly I feel stupid taking it back but then when we christen our baby...well, someone tell me a way out of the stupid lie and help me to understand how to avoid negative commentary about the church. I feel ashamed.Lied about being Catholic. I feel badly and need advice.?
Just tell the truth. I know sometimes when I'm at a Bible study where I'm the only Catholic, sometimes I feel intimidated by others. Just come clean and let them know why you did it, they should understand or at least forgive you.Lied about being Catholic. I feel badly and need advice.?
Sounds like time to find a church, join it, and go to confession.





If anyone asks why you lied, just tell the truth. It's understandable, you've been ashamed, now just move past it. That's what confession is for. I honestly think God would understand this one.
The Glory of God is in you, and you are bound up to it. Deny it, and you deny yourself.





Do you recall that St. Peter denied Christ? Perhaps you can call on him to aid you in your internal and external struggles.
Just say that you are Catholic and solemnly watch their faces. Sometimes it is very interesting. You can almost see their thoughts.
Be proud of who you are don't feel ashamed of being part of Christ Church because people are ignorant bigots. I know what it is like to go to a new church and not know any one, the best thing to do is to talk to the Priest and see if there are any ministries that you could get involved with.





Learn about your faith so you can grow in it, I remember I was taking a class on introduction to the Bible in a Public Junior College and one of the other students made a derogatory and flat out wrong statement about the Church, being a classroom situation and didn't want to get up on a pulpit and disrupt the class, but I shot her a very dirty look and made sure that the rest of semester everyone knew I was Catholic by referencing Church councils, Church Fathers, and proudly displaying my Crucifix around my neck.





Of course depending on the Demographic of where you live it can be difficult to be opened about your faith and the city I live in is named after the Eucharist.

No comments:

Post a Comment